Welcome to the Information Website for the
Sykes Class Action Settlement.
UPDATE (May 31, 2017): On May 2, 2017, the Supreme Court of the State of New York granted the CPLR § 5015(c) petition and vacated the default judgments obtained by the LR Credit Defendants against Class Members. The case is Fisher et al. v. Leucadia National Corp. et al., No. 452328/2016 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. Cty.). The May 2 order is here and the list of default judgments vacated are here.
Note that the attorney General has asked the State Court not to vacate the judgments purchased by Virgo Capital, LLC (May 15 letter here) and to only vacate the judgments on the list available here. Class counsel opposed that request (May 12 letter here). The State Court has not ruled on the Attorney General’s May 15 letter. Please check back here for updates. Please do not contact the Attorney General’s office.
UPDATE (November 29, 2016): On November 28, 2016, the Attorney General of the State of New York filed on behalf of the Office of Court Administration a petition under CPLR § 5015(c) seeking to vacate the default judgments obtained by the LR Credit Defendants against Class Members. The case is Fisher et al. v. Leucadia National Corp. et al. No. 452328/2016 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. Cty.). Please check back here for updates.
A Settlement has been reached with the Defendants (the LR Credit Defendants, Mel Harris Defendants and Samserv Defendants) in a class action lawsuit known as Sykes v. Mel S. Harris and Associates, LLC, No. 09 Civ. 8486 (S.D.N.Y.). Defendants have agreed to settle claims that they violated the law by allegedly submitting false affidavits to the Court to obtain default judgments. To be a part of the settlement, you must have had an alleged consumer debt that was owned by LR Credit. Other debts are not part of the settlement.
Only Class Members who had money collected from them or whose judgments were sold are eligible to receive a payment through the Settlement.
For eligible Class Members to receive any money under the Settlement, the Class Administrator must have received their Claim Form by April 7, 2016. The deadline to submit the Claim Form, opt out, or object has passed.
Defendants deny that they did anything wrong, and the Court has not decided whether Plaintiffs’ claims have merit.
• Para hablar con un representante con el Administrador de clase, por favor llame al 877-868-0034. Para obtener más información acerca de este Acuerdo, haga clic aqui.
• Pour parler à un représentant de l’administrateur du groupe, veuillez composer le 877 868-0034. Veuillez cliquer ici pour obtenir de plus amples renseignements concernant le règlement.
• Pou pale avèk yon reprezantan Administratè Gwoup la, tanpri rele nimewo 877-868-0034. Pou jwenn plis enfòmasyon sou Aranjman an, klike la a .
• Чтобы переговорить с представителем с администратором группы, просьба позвонить по номеру 877-868-0034. Для получения дополнительной информации о данном соглашении, нажмите здесь .
• 如要与集体诉讼管理员交谈，请拨打 877-868-0034。有关本和解案的更多信息，请单击 此处。
• 欲與集體訴訟行政人員代表交談，請撥打 877-868-0034。有關和解的其他資訊，請按一下 這裡 。
• ক্লাস প্রশাসক সহ একজন প্রতিনিধির সাথে কথা বলার জন্য, অনুগ্রহ করে 877-868-0034 নম্বরে ফোন করুন। মিমাংসা সম্বন্ধীয় অতিরিক্ত তথ্যের জন্য এখানে ক্লিক করুন।